Department of History, Nankai University
History of ancient Chinese women, history of the Tang Dynasty
Posts and professional affiliations:
Editor, Associate Editor-in-Chief of Historical Research Magazine of Chinese Academy of Social Sciences;
Editor and Research Librarian of Academic Research Center of the National Museum of China
1. Women in the Tang Dynasty, Sanqin Publishing House, 1988. (大唐帝国の女性たち, Japanese version, Iwanami Shoten, 2000.)
2. The Chalice and The Blade in Chinese Culture: Gender Relations and Social Models, (collaboration), China Social Sciences Publishing House, 1995.
3. The Lives of Women in Ancient China, the Commercial Press, 1996.
4. Women and Gender in Chinese History, (collaboration), Tianjin People's Publishing House, 2004.
5. Chinese Women's History (volume of Sui and Tang dynasties and five dynasties), Hangzhou Publishing Group, 2010.
1. Official Prostitutes in Tang Dynasty, Journal of Historical Science, No. 5, 1987.
2. Research on Japanese Women's History, Collection of Women's Studies, No. 3, 1992.
3. Traditional Chinese Birth Culture and Women, Collected Papers from the Second International Symposium of Women's Studies, Peking University, 1993.
4. On Three Obediences—Ancient Chinese Women's Status in the Family, Guangming Daily, 1995.
5. Tentative Comments on Ancient Chinese Women's Status in the Family, Collection of Women's Studies, No.3, 1996.
6. Difference—A Study of the History of Chinese Women, Collected Papers from the 21st Century International Symposium on Research and Development of Women, Peking University, 1998; German edition, Chinese History and Society, Berlin University of Germany, 1999.
7. On Ancient Chinese Female Sexual Psychology, Mainstream and Fringe, SDX Joint Publishing Company, 1999.
8. On Foot-binding, Journal of Historical Science, No. 2, 1999.
9. Historical Perspective on the Evolution of Biography of the Paragon of Chastity, Chinese Social History Review, Volume 1, Tianjin Ancient Books Publishing House, 1999; The Chinese Women's History Reader, Peking University Press, 2011.
10. Study of Women's History, Collected Papers from the 75th Anniversary of Department of History, Nankai University, Nankai University Press, 1998; From Myth to Reality, Hunan University Press, 2000.
11. The Duality of Women's Status in Ancient China, History of Chinese Society, Hubei People's Press, 2000.
12. From the Ceremony to the Law: Codification of Gender System in Ancient China, Guangming Daily, 2002.
13. Analysis of the Song Sisters and the Female Analects, Collected Papers from International Symposium on Study of Women's History in Tang and Song Dynasties and Historiography, Shanghai Chinese Classics Publishing House, 2003.
14. The Formation of the Law on Gender and Women in the Middle Ages, Research on Chinese History, the 20th series, 2000.
15. Thoughts on the Study of Women's History, Historical Research, No. 6, 2002; History, Historiography and Gender, Jiangsu People's Publishing House, 2002.
16. Development and Perplexity: Contemporary Women History Study in China, Historiography Quarterly, No. 3, 2004.
17. Law of Tang Dynasty: Codification of Gender System, Tang Research, Vol. 10, Peking University Press, 2004.
18. Three Questions of Women's History, Chinese Social Sciences Today, 2010.
19. Women's Education and the Concept of Morality in the Tang Dynasty, Zhejiang Academic Journal, No. 3, 2010.
20. Were Fat Women in the Tang Dynasty Considered Beautiful? Chinese Literature and History, No. 3, 2011.
21. Bottleneck in the Study of Women's History, Journal of China Women's University, No. 4, 2011.
22. Decade for Women/Gender Development in History (2001-2011), Yearbook of Chinese History (2012), Social Sciences Academic Press.